- 1 Day
- Tour type
- Pickup Location
- Your Hotel in Marsa Alam
- Physical rating
- Tour Location
- Edfu and Kom Ombo
Why you'll love this trip
- There is a no better way to see the delights of the River Nile in Upper Egypt than this day tour of Edfu and Kom Ombo from Marsa Alam to Edfu and Kom Ombo with the temples close to the River Bank. Starting with the huge and impressive Edfu temple of the God Horus, followed by Kom Ombo, the Crocodile God
- Enjoy day tour to Kom Ombo Temple, which stands on a high ground overlooking the Nile and Edfu Temple, dedicated to god Horus. Edfu is the best-preserved cult temple in Egypt. Our knowledgeable guide will accompany you the whole way.
- Visit Upper Egypt on a full day private tour from Marsa Alam. After an early morning pickup from our hotel, relax and enjoy the journey to Edfu. Once there, you will explore the archaeological sites of the the Temple of Horus and the Temple of Kom Ombo. Your Egyptologist guide will educate you about the rulers who they are dedicated to.
- Relax into a private air-conditioned vehicle as you travel to these two well-preserved temples, and enjoy your guide’s full attention as you tour
- Tour the ‘double-design’ temple of Kom Ombo on the banks of the Nile.
- Roam riverside Kom Ombo, dedicated to both the falcon and crocodile gods; and admire Edfu, the most intact of Egypt’s ancient sanctuaries.
At 05:00 AM our representative will pick you up from your hotel in Marsa Alam by air-conditioned modern van to Edfu, approximately 04 hours far from Marsa Alam. Upon arrival in Edfu, proceed to to visit the majestic temple dedicated to Horus which is considered by most to be the best preserved cult temple in Egypt. According to the Egyptian myths, it was the place where the falcon-headed god Horus revenged the murder of his father Osiris by killing Seth. Lunch at local restaurant, then transfer to see to the Temple of Kom Ombo standing on high grounds overlooking the Nile. It differs from other temples because of its double entrance, each one is dedicated to divinity: "Haroeris" with his falcon head and " Sobek " with his crocodile head. The Temple of Kom Ombo was built on the honor of two deities the crocodile-headed Sobek, god of fertility and creator of the world, and Haroeris or the ancient falcon-headed Horus. Also, Kom Ombo's importance lies in its huge sugar-cane. Before 6 O'clock in the evening, you will be escorted by your guide back to your hotel in Marsa Alam
- Pick up service from your hotel in Marsa Alam and return
- English Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical places
- All transfers by a modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Bottled of water during your trip
- All service charges and taxes
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary